The Day of the Test
Reporting to the Test Site
Your testing confirmation information, sent to you after you schedule your test, lists your test selection, test date, testing time, and test center. Please report to the test center 15 minutes before your scheduled testing time. On the day of the test, you may wish to dress comfortably in layers. This will allow you to adjust for the temperature at the test center, which may vary and may not be under the control of the test administrators. Please wear soft-soled shoes to help maintain a quiet testing environment.
Pearson Professional Centers Tour
Preview a visit to a Pearson Professional Center, including a view of the typical test room and other test center areas.
Computer-Based Testing Tutorials – Find out what to expect when you take a computer-based test.
Required identification. You must bring proper identification with you to the test site. Your identification must be a current, government-issued identification printed in English, in the name in which you registered, bearing your photograph and signature. Copies will not be accepted.
Acceptable forms of government-issued identification include photo-bearing driver's licenses and passports. The Department of Motor Vehicles provides acceptable photo-bearing identification cards for individuals who do not have a driver's license.
Review the complete Identification Policy.
For Nursing Mothers
Nursing mothers who need to make arrangements for bringing specialized equipment or storage materials should follow the Alternative Testing Arrangements process to ensure prior approval and the ability of a test center to meet your specific needs. Please note that children will not be allowed in the testing center or into the secure testing room.
The following materials are prohibited at the test site:
- Smoking and the use of all tobacco products
- Visitors, including relatives, children, and friends
- Weapons of any kind
Additionally, any personal items that you bring to the test site must be stored in a locker outside of the testing room during the test. This includes jewelry, watches, wallets, and purses in addition to the following items, which are considered to be prohibited aids:
- Cell phones
- Electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices, or any device with an on/off option, including, but not limited to, MP3 players, PDAs, tablets, computers, CD players, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks or watches with alarms, spellcheckers, etc.
- Eyeglasses with communication and recording devices; note that during the check-in process you may be asked to remove any pair of eyeglasses for a visual inspection, but the test center proctor will not touch or otherwise handle your glasses
- Calculators and calculator manuals (on-screen calculators are automatically provided for tests that allow them)
- Handwritten or printed materials, such as dictionaries, notebooks, scratch paper, textbooks, etc.
- Packages and bags of any kind, such as backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Hats or headwear, except for those being worn for religious or medical purposes
- Food and drink, including chewing gum
- Unauthorized aids, such as slide rules, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
- Unauthorized medical devices, such as Epinephrine injections, etc., unless prior approval has been obtained
Violation of test site rules, including the possession or use of prohibited materials during a test administration, may result in the voiding of your scores.
The Test Session
The test session is designed to allow sufficient time for sign-in, review of the Test Center Rules , and communication of directions before testing begins and for completion of the test by examinees. Some examinees may finish testing well before the scheduled ending time of the test session. However, you should be prepared to use the entire test session. You will be allowed no more than the allotted time to complete the test.
Before testing, you will be presented with a nondisclosure agreement, which will ask you to indicate your agreement to the conditions set forth on this website and the rules communicated to you orally and/or in writing at the test administration. You will have five minutes to review and accept the terms of this agreement. If you do not accept the terms of the agreement within five minutes, you will not be permitted to test and you will receive no refund or credit of any kind.
You will be monitored at all times by video and audio recording. If you leave the testing room at any time during the test (e.g., to take a restroom break), your identification will be checked and/or your palm scan will be taken when you leave and when you re-enter the testing room.
During testing, you may take restroom breaks. Any time that you take for restroom breaks is considered part of the available testing time. You may not leave the testing facility or room in which you have been seated for any purpose (other than to use the restroom, as permitted) until you have been officially dismissed by a test administrator. During the test administration, you may not communicate with other examinees or any unauthorized persons in any way, either in person or by using any communication device.
The test center at which you take your test(s) may administer a variety of tests, including those for other professional licenses. Please be aware that other individuals at the test center may be taking tests that have rules, policies, and other terms and conditions that may be different from those that apply to the test that you will be taking.
Dismissal from the test. When you have completed testing or when the test session ends, whichever occurs first, you will be dismissed from the test session. Once you have been officially dismissed from the test session, you must leave the testing facility.
Your feedback. If you have comments about the test site or the conditions under which you took a test, please submit your comments to Evaluation Systems no later than seven days after your test date.