What are the features of NES Practice?
- Convenient, online access
- An interactive test simulation featuring sample test
questions and explanations of correct responses
- Comprehensive, immediate feedback on your performance
- A realistic online experience similar to an actual
computer-based testing environment
View a sample practice test.
Purchasing and accessing your practice test
You may purchase a practice test on its own, or during
registration for the NES.
- Visit the "Preparation Materials" page on this website, and select
"Purchase Now" next to "Practice Tests."
- Choose the test from the dropdown menu.
- Click "Buy Now" next to the practice test you'd like
- You will be prompted to create an account on this
website, which you will also use to register for the
NES and access your test results.
- After purchasing, you can log in to your account on
this website at your convenience and take your practice
Taking the practice test
You will have 120 days to access your practice test,
beginning on the date of activation.
Each practice test includes field-specific directions
similar to those that will be presented in the actual
test. Practice test questions may include graphics,
audio materials, and writing assignments, as appropriate. There is currently only one version of each practice test.
While you are testing, you may pause the test and
return to it later if you wish; you do not have to
finish the test in a single session.
Your practice test can be submitted for scoring only once, but it will be available for your review until the end of your subscription period (120 days). After you submit your practice test for scoring, you will receive immediate results showing your competency-level performance on multiple-choice questions. You may also review each item along with
the correct response and an explanation of why the
response is correct.
Practice tests with written assignment(s)
include sample responses to the assignment. You can
compare your response to the sample responses to gauge
your performance. For Essential Academic Skills (EAS): Writing, your
essay will be submitted and scored with results presented
immediately, along with sample responses and scoring