Explore the NES®
The Advanced System for Educator Certification
The NES offers states a new choice in educator certification testing through carefully developed, comprehensive teacher certification tests based on professionally reviewed and accepted academic standards.
The NES is from the most experienced company in standards-based teacher certification testing, the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson. And the NES is backed by world-class customer service. Learn more.
For Test Takers
Taking a test? Select your state to get started:
Discover How the NES
- Addresses the need for teachers prepared for 21st-century classrooms through contemporary test content aligned to national subject and pedagogy standards
- Accommodates teacher candidates by providing a convenient and on-demand computer-based teacher certification testing program with immediate score reports
- Allows states to reach out to a national pool of qualified candidates using portable results
- Find prep materials for your test
- Take a full-length practice test
- Review an interactive study guide
- View a test preparation video
- Time increase for Elem Ed Subtest II, Mathematics, and Middle Grades Mathematics takes effect 9/12/16.
- New NES test offered: Mathematics (Middle Grades and Early Secondary)
- New test preparation videos now available. Read more.
- Taking the NES for licensure in New Mexico? Register at www.nmta.nesinc.com.
- Taking NES Gifted Education for endorsement in Illinois? Register at www.il.nesinc.com.
- The Colorado Department of Education has adopted the NES Chinese (Mandarin) test. Learn more.
- Eyeglasses with recording devices are not allowed in test centers. Read more.
- Taking the NES for certification in Arizona? Register at www.aepa.nesinc.com.
- Taking the NES for certification in Washington? Register at www.west.nesinc.com.
- New NES test offered: Gifted Education
- Interactive computer-based test tutorial now available. Read more.
- Taking the NES for licensure in Wisconsin? Register at www.wi.nesinc.com.